It’s clear by now that luxury sneakers are here to stay… they’re getting better each season and all the big names are joining the game! While technically you may be able to wear some of them to the gym, you may want to save them to add some edge and comfort to an otherwise traditional glamor look. In choosing your OOTD involving haute sneakers, remember that they provide quite a strong contrast and statement by themselves, so you’ll need to be careful not to overload the rest of the look to keep the overall effect balanced and give them the spotlight they deserve. In addition to my picks above, I can’t wait to try on a pair of sneakers from the new colorful Mary Katrantzou x Adidas collection.
Don’t be shy this Christmas and let Santa spoil you! Here are a few picks to get you started with your “Dear Santa” letter:
- Cute sweater to show off your new motherly vibe during the holiday season: maternity “Mummy & Baby Penguin” sweater by ASOS
- If you support the new law in Pennsylvania banning people from touching a pregnant woman’s belly without permission, then those should be your main winter accessories: “Hands Off” Mittens by Monki Tanja
- This time during the holidays while everyone is cheering with his bubbly, red or rosé, you’ll have your unique very virgin toast by wearing those statement flats: TOAST Flats with “POP” & “FIZZ” signs by Kate Spade
- Live the Christmas spirit with the powerful but soft and comforting voice of Susan Boyle: “Home for Christmas” CD by Susan Boyle
- When it’s time for a lavish holiday party, don’t underestimate your style power. Belly or no belly you can still charm your man with a dazzling dress, I opt for the empire silhouette: Tulle, Chantilly lace, appliquéd red dress by Dolce & Gabbana. Supreme elegance!
- Ditch the roasted chestnuts and the snowflakes and escape to the sun! Nothing more Zen than floating your precious belly in gentle turquoise waves, under a blue-sky…perfect mind & body massage!
- Maternity swimwear? That’s boring! Keep your amusing beach style, except you will need a bigger size: “Lovers En Espace” striped bikini by Rosamosario
- Feel like a good read for the holiday? Here’s a delightful and inspiring book that I just started. A parenting tour around the world that showcases different cultures with different childrearing approaches. For my fellow Lebanese, we are featured 😉 : “How Eskimos Keep Their Babies Warm: And Other Adventures in Parenting (from Argentina to Tanzania and everywhere in between)” by Mei-Ling Hopgood
- Highlight your Preggo silhouette with a bubble mini-dress…so glamorous for a romantic dinner during the sunset: Ruffle dress by Mary Katrantzou