I woke up this morning to the song of Kendji Girac “Les Yeux de La Mama”. It’s no other than my little daughter running towards my bed with daddy’s iPhone in her tiny hand blasting the music and tilting her head right and left along with the rhythm (and sporadically saying: “Mama!”). It is Mother’s Day in the Middle East today and we’ve been actually celebrating Motherhood since the beginning of this month as it was mum’s day in the UK earlier this month. Middle Easterns started celebrating since and will probably keep it going until the American Mother’s Day in May! Nothing exaggerated in that, we love our moms so much that we praise them on each and every opportunity! (…and we like celebrating!)
Today we also traditionally celebrate the beginning of spring, the blooming season of Nature’s gorgeousness.
It is such a beautiful day rejoicing two splendid life-giving phenomenons and I can’t help but make my OOTD and decor celebrate along!
I have a weakness for España’s colors and when you add the Andalusian paella of east & west, an old town with shops filled with bespoke details, the Mediterranean, and a bike to cruise around this mosaic, then I’m truly set for a fun veranito!
Back to my stroll-cruising / shopping on-the-go routine as my energy is reaching its pre-pregnancy levels!
After a full day in the kitchen for Thanksgiving…
Finally some fresh air…
Too bad though, no more energy for the Black Friday shopping fight…
Don’t be shy this Christmas and let Santa spoil you! Here are a few picks to get you started with your “Dear Santa” letter:
- Cute sweater to show off your new motherly vibe during the holiday season: maternity “Mummy & Baby Penguin” sweater by ASOS
- If you support the new law in Pennsylvania banning people from touching a pregnant woman’s belly without permission, then those should be your main winter accessories: “Hands Off” Mittens by Monki Tanja
- This time during the holidays while everyone is cheering with his bubbly, red or rosé, you’ll have your unique very virgin toast by wearing those statement flats: TOAST Flats with “POP” & “FIZZ” signs by Kate Spade
- Live the Christmas spirit with the powerful but soft and comforting voice of Susan Boyle: “Home for Christmas” CD by Susan Boyle
- When it’s time for a lavish holiday party, don’t underestimate your style power. Belly or no belly you can still charm your man with a dazzling dress, I opt for the empire silhouette: Tulle, Chantilly lace, appliquéd red dress by Dolce & Gabbana. Supreme elegance!
- Ditch the roasted chestnuts and the snowflakes and escape to the sun! Nothing more Zen than floating your precious belly in gentle turquoise waves, under a blue-sky…perfect mind & body massage!
- Maternity swimwear? That’s boring! Keep your amusing beach style, except you will need a bigger size: “Lovers En Espace” striped bikini by Rosamosario
- Feel like a good read for the holiday? Here’s a delightful and inspiring book that I just started. A parenting tour around the world that showcases different cultures with different childrearing approaches. For my fellow Lebanese, we are featured 😉 : “How Eskimos Keep Their Babies Warm: And Other Adventures in Parenting (from Argentina to Tanzania and everywhere in between)” by Mei-Ling Hopgood
- Highlight your Preggo silhouette with a bubble mini-dress…so glamorous for a romantic dinner during the sunset: Ruffle dress by Mary Katrantzou